Eating a healthy dessert is no longer an oxymoron. Mango Lime Frozen Yogurt is a must-make family dessert because it’s so refreshing and relatively low in sugar as we prefer to use honey instead.
This mango lime frozen yogurt recipe provides the perfect balance of sweet, tart and creamy.
You’ll love how easy this simple summertime treat comes together!
You don’t even need an ice cream machine to make this mango magic: break out five simple ingredients and your food processor to make your own frozen yogurt. With this treat, even the kids can help – just give them a hand with the chopping and they’ll be on their way.
Mango Lime Frozen Yogurt Recipe
Yield: makes 1 quart
- 4 cups frozen cubed mango
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons light honey, plus more to taste
1. Put all ingredients into a food processor and puree for 5 to 6 minutes, scraping down the sides halfway through. Puree until completely smooth. If desired, add more honey.
2. Put the froyo in a chilled 9×4 inch metal loaf pan. Eat it immediately or cover with plastic and freeze for a couple of hours.
This recipe combines the sweet and sour flavours of mangoes with the tangy lime juice to create an irresistible treat that you will want to make again and again!