We love carrots for holiday meals because they’re a festive color (sorry, spinach) and naturally sweet, which is just what we crave during the holidays.
We know that carrots provide a lot of potential for good. After all, they are loaded with nutrients like beta-carotene and Vitamin C. They are also an excellent source of vitamin A, which your body needs to strengthen immunity and defend against bacteria.
Carrots are a healthy snack that fits easily into any holiday diet! They also happen to be delicious! And this recipe is no exception to the rule—the honey and orange juice add an extra kick of sweetness while roasting deepens the flavors so you can’t get enough! Who knew carrots could be so addictive?
This recipe is extremely easy to make and has a great taste.
Our Favorite Recipe
Yield: serves 4-6
- 1 pound baby carrots or sliced carrots
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, for topping
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon kosher or sea salt, for topping (to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 375 F and line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. In a large bowl, combine carrots, orange juice, honey, olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Toss well with a spatula until carrots are evenly coated, then place on the prepared baking sheet.
3. Place carrots in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast for 35-45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Roast until carrots begin to caramelize and can be easily pierced with a fork.
4. Sprinkle with fresh orange zest and sea salt and serve warm.
This dish can be served alongside any meal or even eaten alone for lunch or dinner without meat if desired.